1.Trust the professionals:
GHMoving company recommends that you have our professional packing specialists pack for you. They’re trained in the proper procedures, have the correct materials and pack in a fraction of the time to assure a safe trip for your belongings. Plus, our packing specialists are also professional movers, so they have your move in mind even as they’re caring about the safety of your belongings.
2.Do it yourself:
Get your move started with these great packing tips; find out what preparation you’ll need, types of boxes available and how to get organized. Read through our suggestions, we’ll help you make your packing easier and smoother.
- Before you start, make sure you give yourself plenty of time; at least four to six weeks before your move date and plan carefully. Good planning and careful packing will save you time, money and a lot of hair pulling.
- Get a pen and a record keeping notebook; write everything down on your moving list! You’ll appreciate yourself later. You’ll place a number on each box you pack and list the contents on your list.
- Packed boxes should weigh less than 30 pounds so you can lift it later in case you may need extra space for new boxes.
- Always pack heavier items on the bottom. Put socks, scarves and other small items in a same box – just make sure you keep pairs of socks together!
- You’ll need strong plastic packing tape to close up the boxes securely.
- Use packing paper or bubble wrap to wrap household good.
- You’ll need lots more moving supplies than you think, so get extra so the packing can go smoothly.
- You can buy different kinds of supplies from us, and always return unused boxes for a refund.
- Always give special attention to pack those valuable possessions you have, such as grandparents’ antiques, fragile fine china, or art collection. You can move those first if possible.